ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Collocation & Single Tape "Backups"

1995-04-27 10:56:29
Subject: Re: ADSM Collocation & Single Tape "Backups"
From: Kostas Piperis <"Kostas.Piperis~piperi00"@MHS.US.SWISSBANK.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:56:29 -0400
     If you are using release 1 of ADSM you should look into using the
     EXPORT (server, node, etc.) function to produce a copy of your data.

     I do this every day for 25GB on one server and 13Gb on another, using
     RS/6000s. Depending on how you have set up your server, it could be
     time consuming, however, I feel very comfortable with the process and
     I know I have an extra set of tapes(data) off-site. If you are testing
     release 2 of ADSM, look into Copy Group (storage pool(s)).

     Hope this helps,

     Kostas Piperis
     Swiss Bank Corporation