ADSM-L

Re: Migrating data on 3480s to 3490s without killing the ops.

1995-04-25 21:39:27
Subject: Re: Migrating data on 3480s to 3490s without killing the ops.
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 21:39:27 EDT
Joe;  You could do the following:

Set up your storage pools as:  DISK --> 3480 --> 3490
I think this is what you started out doing.  Make the 3480 storage pool
READONLY.  Whenever data is migrated/moved from disk, it will bypass 3480
and go right to 3490.  The data on 3480 will still be accessible, but no
new data will be written there.  Eventually, much of the data would expire
on its own, but probably not all of it.  You can then MOVE DATA a tape at
a time, to 3490, as operator resources allow.  I haven't tried this myself,
but I think it should do what you want.

Perhaps someone else has another idea?

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601