ADSM-L

Version 2 of MVS Server

1995-04-24 21:26:37
Subject: Version 2 of MVS Server
From: David Kassabaum <dkassaba AT SERVICES.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 20:26:37 -0500
  Is there any way that I can get a comprehensive list and explanition of
"what's new" in the new release of the server due  out in June.  Our
customers are asking us to provide disaster recovery backup and recovery for
their LANS and we want to wait to implement until the new release if the
new copygroup support is available with this release.  I have tried to
get something from our local IBM branch for weeks and I have not received
anything yet.
  I have another question about the NT/client that is due out  does it
support APPC, TCP/IP or 3270 type protocol?  Several of out customers
are waiting for the NT client but I have not been able to get any
information.
   Thanks for any help you can give me these questions

David Kassabaum     (CDRP)               Voice:  314-751-1524
Technical Support Supervisor             FAX:   314-751-3299
State of Missouri              Internet: dkassaba AT services.state.mo DOT us
State Data Center                       IBMMAIL:  USDSSM3S