ADSM-L

Re: ADSM VM server

1995-04-24 11:05:27
Subject: Re: ADSM VM server
From: "Mark A. Stevens" <xmas AT UXA.ECN.BGU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:05:27 -0500
On Apr 20,  9:29am "Hince, Eric" said:
>     Does anyone else use ADSM's VM server platform? Do you use tapes? Most
>     importantly, do you use a tape management system on VM to manage
>     tapes? We use ADSM's VM server platform and EPIC/CMS. We do not yet,
>     but will likely need to soon, migrate ADSM data to tape. We want to
>     use EPIC to manage the tapes, and apparently can make this work with
>     ADSM, but would much appreciate any tips that anyone with the same or
>     similar configuration could pass on! Thanks!!

You create a SVM under the VM server's control which runs an EXEC to
request tape mounts from your tape manager. Send me your US Mail
address or a FAX and I can send you a copy of Dr. Thiele's [sp?]
presentation from SHARE which has sample code to talk to VMTAPE.

Or can I *not* do this if Eric's not a SHARE member?

--
Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204
Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204