ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-04-20 19:38:00
From: Dick Fontaine <rmfontaine AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 16:38:00 MST
Subject:ADSM use of /var filespace

One step in the install of ADSM/6000 V1R2 is the creation of
default log and database in /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin, if enough free
space is available.

For Version 2 we are contemplating moving the default log and database
to the /var filesystem and adding default backup and archive
disk storagepools.  The space requirements are:
              log - 9MB
               db - 5MB
  Backup strgpool - 8MB
 Archive strgpool - 8MB
-------------------------
           total - 30MB
           total - 30MB

The reason for these changes is to provide a basic installation
which would allow the user to be "up and running" with the immediate
capability to backup and archive (i.e. "EZADSM" for AIX)

I've noticed in the AIX publications that the default size of
the /var filesystem is 4MB.  This suggests that we would have
to automatically extend the /var filesystem by 30MB.

We would appreciate any comments/suggestions/advice regarding
these changes.

Dick