ADSM-L

Admin user lockup from a macro

1995-04-19 14:07:22
Subject: Admin user lockup from a macro
From: "John W. Augustin" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 12:07:22 CST
We are running:  ADSM Server for VM - Version1, Release1, Level 0.12/1.12
              :  VM/XA 1.2.1  CMS 1.5.6

The following macro "locks up" the admin userid that it is running from
and also the QUERY ASSOC command response.  Other commands work from
additional admin userids and also the DSMSERV console.  The "reset" is
to HALT the server and bring it back up.  When DSMSERV is back up
the registered user is gone.  If the REGISTER NODE is run from one macro
and the DEF ASSOC is run after the macro completes then all is fine.
The "lock up" happens right after the "ANS" response from DSMSERV to
the DEF ASSOC command.

Is anyone else having this trouble?  Can anybody try this macro on your VM?

---- cut here -----------------------------------------------------------
/* AUSER MAC Register new user nodes                                 */
/* AUSER MAC Register new user nodes                                 */
/*                                                                   */
/* Usage:  macro auser.mac usernode password 'name and phone no'     */
/*                           %1        %2           %3               */
/*                                                                   */
REGister Node %1 %2 -
   Contact=%3       -
   DOmain=STANDARD  -
   COMPression=yes  -
   ARCHDELete=yes   -
   BACKDELete=yes

Query Node %1

DEF ASSOC STANDARD DAILY_BACKUP %1

Query ASSOC * *

---- cut here -------------------------------------------------------------
The following is the console log from the admin user:
The following is the console log from the admin user:

adsm>

macro auser.mac ydaugh xx 'Dana Yam 935-6460'

ANS5101I Server command: 'REGister Node ydaugh xx    Contact='Dana Yam 935-6460'

          DOmain=STANDARD     COMPression=yes     ARCHDELete=yes      BACKDELete

=yes'

ANR2060I Node YDAUGH registered in policy domain STANDARD.

ANS5101I Server command: 'Query Node ydaugh'

Node Name                 Platform Policy Domain  Days Since Days Since Locked?

                                   Name                 Last   Password

                                                      Access        Set

YDAUGH                    (?)      STANDARD               <1         <1   No
YDAUGH                    (?)      STANDARD               <1         <1   No

ANS5101I Server command: 'DEFine ASSOCiation STANDARD DAILY_BACKUP ydaugh'

hx

CMS

|  John W. Augustin     Washington University         (314) 935-5325 |
|  Administrative       Information Systems      Systems Programming |
|  North Brookings B-2  Campus Box 1181          St. Louis MO. 63130 |