ADSM-L

Re: Novell restores

1995-04-12 11:27:00
Subject: Re: Novell restores
From: Glenn Forbes Larratt <glratt AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 10:27:00 -0500

> >...Unable ... the file (ARAGON\SYS:/SYSTEM/ATPS2.CFG), skipped
> >...Unable ... the file (ARAGON\SYS:/SYSTEM/CONLOG.NLM), skipped
> > These files are definitely not being restored.  Comparing the attributes
> > of the files that don't get restored to others that do, we can see no
> > obvious difference.  Does anybody know what causes these messages?
>
> Really dumb stab in the dark: since these files are in the SYSTEM
> directory, could they be open and in use by some portion of the
> Netware setup while the restore is running? If they're open, then
> the ADSM client won't overwrite them.

        Probably a pretty accurate stab: CONLOG.NLM is a module for
echoing everything that appears on the console to a file, and in my
experience is not particularly smart about file I/O.  ATPS2.CFG is
a bit of a mystery to me, as ATPS.CFG would be the configuration file
for AppleTalk Print Services; the latter might be expected to be open,
but I don't know of the usage of ATPS2.CFG, unless it's explicitly
called by the command line or .NCF line that loaded ATPS.

        -g