ADSM-L

Re: include/exclude specs

1995-03-28 01:53:21
Subject: Re: include/exclude specs
From: Werner Baur <Werner.Baur AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 08:53:21 +0200
>To deal with the problem of not considering anything else in the
>afs file space but my own home directory, I use the following
>statement in dsm.sys:
>
>virtualm /afs/alw.nih.gov/dcrt/kl2
>
>That statement allows me to use the following in dsm.opt:
>
> domain /afs/alw.nih.gov/dcrt/kl2
>
>So only subdirectories of my afs home directory are even
>considered.  I then use include/exclude statements to narrow
>down further which subdirectories of my home directory actually
>get backed up.

If you have a single workstation for your own you can put in dsm.sys
everything you want. In such an environment your solution works fine.

At LRZ many users are sharing a bunch of workstations. So I need several
hundreds of entries in dsm.sys.

I have added some hundred virtual mountpoint entries to dsm.sys and I am
still waiting for dsm to come up.

Werner

Werner Baur
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum     X.400:  S=Baur;OU=lrz;P=lrz-muenchen;A=d400;C=de
Barer Str. 21            RFC822:  Werner.Baur AT lrz-muenchen DOT de
D-80333 Muenchen           Tel.:  ++49-89-2105-8781
Germany                     Fax:  ++49-89-2809460