ADSM-L

ADSM 1.2.1 versus 1.2

1995-03-27 13:47:05
Subject: ADSM 1.2.1 versus 1.2
From: "R. Alexander" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 13:47:05 EST
Two weeks ago, IBM announced ADSM 1.2.1 with server support
for non-IBM platforms.  The pricing strategy also changed substantially.

My question to the group is:  do you expect that 1.2.1 will become
the basis for future ADSM enhancements or do you expect future
enhancements to the 1.2 base we are currently all using?

I am concerned about the lack of HESC for the new version.  What is
the future of the current version?

There seem to be differing intrepretations of the current situation.
Thanks for your thoughts.

R.

Richard Alexander                         phone: (518) 276-6785
Mgr, High Performance Computing           fax: (518) 276-2809
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute          Internet: alexar AT rpi DOT edu