ADSM-L

errorlogretention

1995-03-23 16:02:28
Subject: errorlogretention
From: MJ Lopatin <lopatin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 13:02:28 PST
> I added the ERRORLOGRetention and SCHEDLOGRetention to my OS/2 clients
> DSM.OPT the DSMSCHED.LOG is pruned as expected - the DSMERROR.log is
> NOT pruned.  Is there something more I need to do.

For the error log, pruning occurs when the first error message
is written to the error log after the ERRORLOGRet option has been
processed. So you need to get (or cause) an error to see pruning, and
you'll only get error log pruning once for the life of the process.

For the schedule log, pruning occurs when the scheduler is brought up.
If you leave your scheduler up for long periods of time, you'll need
bring it down and back up to prune again, because you currently
only get schedule log pruning once for the life of the process.

************  GOOD NEWS on SCHEDLOGRET **********************
SCHEDLOGRet in the next release to prune the schedule log
after every scheduled event, not just once when the scheduler is
brought up.

-- MJ Lopatin
   ADSM Client Development
   ADSM Client Development