ADSM-L

ADSM via FTP: Releases vs. Fixes

1995-03-20 14:20:23
Subject: ADSM via FTP: Releases vs. Fixes
From: Jeff Brooks <JEFF AT WVNVM.WVNET DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 14:20:23 EST
I've noticed that at least some of the ADSM client PTF disk images
can be used for installing the ADSM client on a new system.  So...
what's the difference between the code in the /releases and /fixes
directories on index.storsys.ibm.com?  Are the disk images in /releases
for the initial release, or the latest release?

We are going to be handing out _lots_ of diskettes in the near future,
and I'd really like to know whether, e.g., Windows or OS/2 users have
to first install the client disk(s) from /releases, then the PTF disk(s)
from /fixes, or whether we can just hand out one or the other.

   Jeffrey A. Brooks                  (304) 293-5192
   IBM Systems Group                  jeff AT wvnvm.wvnet DOT edu
   West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing
   Morgantown, West Virginia  26505