ADSM-L

RS/6000 configuration

1995-03-16 19:13:03
Subject: RS/6000 configuration
From: "Hince, Eric" <hince AT MORAINE.CC.IL DOT US>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 18:13:03 CST
     Is anyone using an RS/6000 as a TCP/IP "gateway" to an IBM S/370 or
     S/390 processor? We have a block multiplexer channel adapter card
     installed in an RS/6000 that channel connects it to the IBM 4381. We
     have it successfully talking TCP/IP to VM and succesfully talking
     through our token ring network - but it is not bridging the two. Any
     RS/6000 configuration experts out there that can describe how to make
     the two TCP/IP elements within the RS/6000 to talk to each other?? We
     don't have a lot of RS/6000 expertise here, so the more detailed the
     instructions that you might supply, the better. Even pointing me in
     the direction of an expert would be extremely useful. Thanks!!!

     Eric Hince
     Technical Services Manager
     Moraine Valley Community College
     email: hince AT moraine.cc.il DOT us