ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-03-16 02:25:03
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 02:25:03 EST
Ralph,

>Why is it that posters to this list leave the Subject line blank.
>
>Don't you realize how _annoying_ that is.  One struggles with the
>consequences. "Should I read this, or not?"  Then out of fear of
>missing something important, you read it only to find out that you've
>wasted your time and download charges on some jerk (AH) who was too
>lazy to put in a proper subject line. (e.g. Jacquie Reith)

As you can probably see, the subject line on this message is also blank.

The reason for that is that the software that works as a gateway between
IBM Mail and the Internet doesn't convert subject lines properly. Even
though I, when I write a message, put a subject line on the message,
the gateway software throws it away.

So next time, before you start biting peoples heads off, you could
try to assume that other people can think for themselves too, and
that there _maybe_ is a good reason for something.

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark