ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 Warp

1995-03-14 16:17:09
Subject: Re: OS/2 Warp
From: "H. Mark Keintz" <mkeintz AT POP.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 16:17:09 -0500
On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, Hince, Eric wrote:

>      I haven't seen anything official from IBM, but I am wondering if
>      anyone knows whether IBM is officially supporting OS/2 Warp (for
>      Windows or Fullpack) as an ADSM client? ...

We are running the OS/2 ADSM client, and the OS/2 ADSM administrator
over tcp/ip.  We are using the following combinations:

       WARP (v3.0)    with IBM's TCP/IP version 2
       OS/2 2.11      with IBM's TCP/IP version 2
       OS/2 2.11      with IBM's TCP/IP version 1.2

As to you other questions:

1  Only the TCP/IP Base kit is necessary.

2  I don't know whether the use of IBM's TCP/IP with WARP is **officially**
   supported, since we have not had any problems using it.

3. I have not had occasion to use ADSM with the WARP fullpack, but there is
   no intrinsic reason it should not work.

Mark Keintz                            University of Pennsylvania / 6298
mark_keintz AT pop.upenn DOT edu              Population Studies Center
phone:  215/898-6713                   3718 Locust Walk
fax:    215/898-2124                   Philadelphia, PA 19104-6298