ADSM-L

ACTIVE SESS?

1995-03-09 10:39:19
Subject: ACTIVE SESS?
From: WILLIAM R COUGHLIN <wcoughlin AT GPU DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:39:19 EST
*

  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3
We are running the MVS version with a mixture of OS/2, WINDOWS, and
AIX clients.  Recently, we continue to have a problem with some
sessions remaining active for the same node.  This morning, and OS/2
client came in and ACTLOG shows:
                    ANR0400I SESSION 55 STARTED FOR NODE G28

Then the message:
                  ANR0424W - SESSION 55 REFUSED - INVALID PASSWORD
The client then tried it again four more times!
When we do q QUERY SESSIONS, five sessions show up for Node G28.
We issue the CANCEL SESSION 55 command, but the session does not go
away.  Any ideas/suggestions?
                                  Thank you.
                                  Bill Coughln   WCOUGHLIN AT GPU DOT COM