ADSM-L

Paul Zarnowski's comment

1995-03-08 11:30:29
Subject: Paul Zarnowski's comment
From: "Jacquelyn B. Reith" <jreith AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 08:30:29 PST
I am resending a post from last night, a problem with our mail gateway
caused this posting to be rejected by the list.  Sorry about that.

*** Resending note of 03/07/95 14:09

Subject:      Re: ADSM Tech Support Bulletin

Paul Zarnowski says:

>Can you elaborate on the term "rarely occurs"?  A description of the
  problem
>would be useful, I think.

>We force compression on for all of our users, so this is real bad news
for us
>and for our users; Especially those users who archived files.

>..Paul

Paul, in all the testing we have done over the years we had never
seen the problem, so we do, indeed, think it is a rare problem.
Our first attention went toward finding and fixing the problem.
Now we will be developing a mechanism to determine which backup
and archive files could be affected.

Jacquie Reith
ADSM Technical Support