ADSM-L

Re: LFS and ADSM

1995-03-07 10:45:36
Subject: Re: LFS and ADSM
From: John Dury <JDBear30 AT AOL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 10:45:36 -0500
Thanks for taking interest.  Here is what is going on so far.

I ran the following command from the command line in TSO.

LFSBR LFSADM AUTHNAME LFSADM1 INC SYSP.DATASTOR.MAINT:

and got the following response

BFSCMD1915I Communication started with File Services server LFSADM.

BFSCMD1837I Starting INCREMENTAL backup for the File Services data set.

BFSCMD1835I Querying the File Services server for directories and files.

BFSCMD1836I Querying the File Services backup server for directories and
files.
BFSCMD1840I Processing directories and files to build INCREMENTAL backup
list.
BFSCMD1841I INCREMENTAL backup list being sent to the File Services server
for
BFSCMD1841I processing.

BFSCMD1842I The File Services server is processing the INCREMENTAL backup
request.

 BFSCMD1842I The INCREMENTAL backup status log file will be sent to user
 SWSPJXD

 BFSCMD1842I at   DLC003 when File Services completes processing.

 BFSCMD1920I Communication ended with File Services server LFSADM.

and then in the ADSM log oin the MVS server, the following shows up:

10:36:07  ANR0401I Session 767 started for node LFS (LFS) (WDSF client).
10:36:07  ANR0480W Session 767 terminated - connection with client severed.

I am running ADSM and LFS on different domains but as you can see, they are
talking.  LFS send the list of files to be backed up but when it comes to
actually backing them up, it fails.  I tried moving ADSM over to the same
system the LFS was on temporarily but this accomplished nothing.

Any ideas you have would be great 'cause I'm lost.
Thanks much,
John