ADSM-L

DSM_DIR and DSM_CONFIG environment variables.

1995-02-21 15:02:14
Subject: DSM_DIR and DSM_CONFIG environment variables.
From: MJ Lopatin <lopatin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:02:14 PST
Last Thursday, Peter wrote...

> We are currently running version 1.2.5 of the WINDOWS ADSM software.
> What we would like to do is set up a workstation in such a way that
> only the log file and the DSM.OPT file need to reside on the local
> workstation.

Peter,

  There is an environmental variable called DSM_LOG that you can use
to set the directory for the error log DSMERROR.LOG.  It is documented
in the DOS client book (and other client books) but somehow did not make it
into the Windows client book.  It will be in the next version of the book.
You specify it just like you specify DSM_DIR or DSM_CONFIG.
Thanks for catching this!

Here is what it says in the DOS client book:
  ----------  Diagnosis, Modification, or Tuning Information -----------

Define the DSM_LOG environment variable to specify the directory of
  the error log (DSMERROR.LOG).  The error log contains information about
  errors that occur during processing, and is meant to help service
  personnel diagnose and fix any severe problems with ADSM.  Following
  is the recommended setting for this variable, assuming ADSM is
  installed on your C: drive:

  SET DSM_LOG=C:\ADSM

----------End of Diagnosis, Modification, or Tuning Information --------
Hope this helps!