ADSM-L

Re: Error in Expire Inventory

1995-02-19 14:27:33
Subject: Re: Error in Expire Inventory
From: Rolf Bogus <$50 AT VM.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 20:27:33 CET
On Fri, 17 Feb 1995 10:09:22 EST yves said:
>On my ADSM Server on VM system ( release .10/1.10) when i run EXPIRE INVENTORY
>i received thsi message :
>
>       ANR9999D IMUTIL ( 1319) :Bitfile id 0.326948 not found in
>               Expiring.Objects
>       ANR9999D IMUTIL(816) : Error deleting objects (0 326948)
>       ANR0865E Expiration processing failed - internal server error
>       ANR0860E Expiration process 190 terminated due internal error
>                : deleted 3508 backup files and 0 archives files
>
>In my options in server i have EXPIRE INVENTORY 0. I want put
>manually the EXpire inventory.
>
>Is my data base corrupted ???? Must run a Audit DB ???
>
>            Please help me about this problem .....

We had the same problem in our VM database. We worked on this problem
now for about half a year in cooperation with Colin Dawson from the
ADSM server development team. He helped us very much to get the database
fixed. I believe, Colin reads this list also and may contact you.

All tests and analysis of the problem showed an error in the ADSM database
index structure. There is no index reconstructure facility, so the only
way is to DUMPDB the database, LOADDB (reconstruct the index structure)
and AUDITDB it.

Our database had about 22.000.000 entries. The server is running on a
4381-T92E with VM/ESA 1.1. The DUMPDB process took about 3 hours, the
LOADDB process about 3 days and the AUDITDB process was running about
11 days...

The problem is now fixed, the ADSM server expires now files from the
last 6 months and will do so for the next couple of days/weeks...

Hope this helps you,
Rolf