ADSM-L

ARC/INFO on RS6000

1995-02-15 12:35:37
Subject: ARC/INFO on RS6000
From: GLW2 <GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:35:37 -0500
We have a user in our Planning Dept who uses the ARC/INFO application (GIS
software from ESRI) on an RS6000 box running under AIX.  We would like to
install an ADSM client here and run daily incrementals.  The user is
concerned about the viability of these backups due to the multiple (and
archaic) file structures used by ARC/INFO, and wants assurance that a
directory and it's related files can be restored intact.

Does anyone have any experience backing up these files ?

Gary Wood,  Storage Administrator.
County of Westchester, NY.
GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US