ADSM-L

Re: Starting server activity (DUMP DB) via cron

1995-02-03 14:25:06
Subject: Re: Starting server activity (DUMP DB) via cron
From: Michael Kearney <michael AT UDCEMAIL.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 14:25:06 -0500
Reinhard,

I ran across a similar problem when trying to negotiate the same
minefield as you - executing dsmadmc in a way that would prevent the
password from being displayed to anybody who had the good fortune to
issue a Unix ps command at the right time. We didn't see the failures in
cron, however, but when attempting to redirect the dsmadmc output to a
pipe or a file for additional processing (collecting accounting data here).
Anyway, we opened a problem with IBM: APAR IC08816 which is SUPPOSED to be
fixed by PTF IP20258 (not yet available). I haven't seen the APAR closing
yet to be able to assure you if it actually fixes the problem. In any
case, you might want to get on the interested parties page for the APAR.

Good luck,

Michael