ADSM-L

ADSM Sybase support

1995-02-01 12:53:03
Subject: ADSM Sybase support
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 09:53:03 PST
Jose, you should get a copy of the ADSM redbook and whitepaper, Using
ADSM to Back Up Databases (gg24-4335).  It explains the various alternatives
for backing up a variety of databases, including Sybase.  I can mail you
a copy of the whitepaper, and you can order the redbook directly from your
IBM rep or by calling 1-800-879-2755.

You can back up Sybase with ADSM without any additional support.  However,
one alternative is to use the DataTools product, SQL-BackTrack to back up
your Sybase databases.  If you use this SQL-BackTrack, it has been updated
to use the ADSM api.  The updates to SQL-BackTrack to use ADSM are in
what they call the ADSM module, a separate feature to their base SQL-BackTrack
product.

Feel free to call me if you have additional questions....
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - ITSO San Jose
cbehrens AT vnet.ibm DOT com
408-256-6934