ADSM-L

Problem restoring inactive files OS/2 & VM

1995-01-25 15:44:36
Subject: Problem restoring inactive files OS/2 & VM
From: Paul Goodwin <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 15:44:36 EST
We're running the OS/2 client (new version, works with WARP) and the VM
server, and we're running into a problem.

When the user goes to restore a set of inactive files from a directory,
he can only get the client to show him ONE inactive file from the directory
when doing wildcard matching (using "*" as the wildcard).  It doesn't matter
which of the ways to look at the file we use (file spec, directory tree, etc.)

However, if he restores an inactive file which he knows the name of in
advance using the file spec. restore, he can restore that file (even though
it won't show up using wildcard matching).

This behavior is being seen in both the GUI and command-line client.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before?  Is there a known problem/
fix for it?

Paul

ps - we can duplicate this by creating a temp directory, and touching four
     files in it.  Then, an INC backup to backup the directory.  After this,
     we deleted two of the files and ran another INC.  After that time,
     when looking to restore files from that directory, only ONE inactive file
     can be seen, and you can only restore the other file if you know its
     name in advance.  This is NOT very helpful when restoring a large
     directory...  :)