ADSM-L

Re: Access to Multiple Backup Copies

1995-01-25 02:42:54
Subject: Re: Access to Multiple Backup Copies
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 08:42:54 +0100
Jamie said:

> In looking through the backup "policy" information we have "Versions Data
> Exists" set to 2 versions. This would seem like we've got 2 "levels" of
> incremental backups. Using my Macintosh client I can't seem to see a way to
> "access" the various levels.

I don't know the Macintosh client, but ...

Older backup copies and backup copies of files that don't exist any more
are called "inactive". On "restore" or "query backup" there usually is
an option which tells ADSM to also regard the inactive backup copies.
On default, they are not included.

My Mac User's Guide tells me something about a "SHOW ACTIVE AND INACTIVE
FILES option from the VIEW menu" (page 75). Perhaps you might look there.

Hope this helps.

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488