ADSM-L

estcap parameter in upd or def dev command

1995-01-05 15:30:47
Subject: estcap parameter in upd or def dev command
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 15:30:47 EST
In the MVS server, version 1, release 1, level 0.10/1.10, I
defined a device class and tried to include a value for the
estcapacity parameter (estimated capacity).  According to the
manual, the value should be an integer followed by a scale factor,
e.g 'g' for gigabytes.  When I issued a command such as
upd dev adsmtape estcap=6g, I kept getting the error message
'anr2020e update devclass: Invalid parameter - 6G'.  The server
did not give any error message if I supplied just an integer, but
it did not change the estimated capacity value either.  Am
I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607