ADSM-L

Database volume recovery, update

1995-01-04 10:39:49
Subject: Database volume recovery, update
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 10:39:49 EST
My thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help.  I took Melinda
and Dave's suggestion and ran DSMMDISK against the trashed minidisk.  However,
when I brought the server back up, it failed with different messages.
It indicated that there were "block mismatches" and then croaked.  Mike
from IBM told me how to turn on the trace and I've sent him a console
listing of the problem.

It sounds to me like the server should be able to recreate the mirror disk, but
is having a problem with it.  We are at v 1.1 level 0.4/1.4 and haven't
applied service in awhile.  This may be part of the problem.  I'll let
everyone know how it turns out.

FYI - a couple of people suggested taking the bad disk offline.  I did try
to bring up the server without the 301 disk, but it failed with the same,
original errors.

Martha