ADSM-L

Re: Annual Holiday Event

1995-01-04 04:10:15
Subject: Re: Annual Holiday Event
From: adsm-administrator at Kernforschungszentrum Karlsruhe <adsm AT HDI.KFK DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 10:10:15 +0100
### From: petruschka AT hdi.kfk DOT de

We are running a MVS server but had the same problem a few weeks
ago in having a head-crash of the mirror disk for the database.
Unfortunately our operators stopped the adsm server, which should
not be the normal case and varied offline the bad disk.

In starting the adsm server we had first the problem in not knowing
how to react on the replies we get from adsm. We found then that we
could bring up adsm by replying by "cancel" all replies for the
db-volumes on this disk (there had been the number of 4).

The better way would be to run adsm without the disk:
1. vary offline volume (under ADSM)
2. vary offline disk (under MVS)
3. continue adsm without mirrored database
Then you have to define the VSAM datasets (db volumes) as normal
on a new formatted disk
and afterwards to "vary online volume".
ADSM recognizes it as stale mirror and brings it back into sync.
Regards
Bruno

|Bruno Petruschka        | Phone: +49-7247-82-5605                   |
|Forschungszentrum       | Fax:   +49-7247-82-4972                   |
|Karlsruhe GmbH          |                                           |
|Abteilung: HDI          | E-mail:                                   |
|Postfach 3640           | Internet:  petruschka AT hdi.kfk DOT de          |
|D 76021 Karlsruhe       | X.400:     petruschka AT ucla.hdi.kfk.d400 DOT de|
|Germany                 |                                           |