ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-Client with MS-Windows 3.11

1994-12-20 09:48:56
Subject: Re: ADSM-Client with MS-Windows 3.11
From: Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 15:48:56 +0100
On Tue, 20 Dec 1994 13:04:41 -0100 Hans Pfleger said:
>Hi wizzards,
>
>it's the first time I installed ADSM-Client for Windows Version 1.2.05 from
>Dec. 1994 (I also tried Version 1.2.03 from Sept. 94) on a Dec Pentium
>running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and Pc/tcp 2.3 from Ftp. Installing is
>easy and the client comes up. But it is impossible to restore files < 30kB.
>I will receive either a TCPIP communication failure or the system hangs
>without any message. I tried some different winsock.dll's (org. Ftp winsock
>or shareware winsock) and the only difference is the pc will stop operation
>with or without errormessage.
>
>Is there someone netwide who runs 3.11 and pc/tcp from ftp without errors?

Maybe I can help you with an answer I gave 3 months ago on this list:

I had a similar problem and it was solved by adding some lines to the
file SYSTEM.INI in the WINDOWS directory.
Under the section header {VPCTCP} (sorry, wrong brackets, but I have
problems with the rectangular ones) within my file SYSTEM.INI there is
a line with:
   MinimumCopySize=32
and that solved my problem.