ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-12-19 22:52:39
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 19:52:39 PST
Ron,

Are you sure that you have connectivity to the ADSM server machine?
If your running 3.12 NetWare or later, you can run the PING.NLM to
test this. If you're running 3.11, you'll have to run ping from
some other machine to the NetWare server.

If you feel sure that you're connected, but ADSM is failing at some
point, put the following 2 statements in your DSM.OPT file:
TRACEFLAG COMM
TRACEFILE SYS:\TRACE.OUT

You send the file to me or put it on the SSD ftp server index.storsys.ibm.com.

Lastly, Novell has had problems with there TCPIP.NLM. (they've updated
it twice in the last year. For connection problems with customers running
an ethernet topology, we always ask the customer to upgrade to at least
the TCP187 version. TCP188 is the latest version which is also suitable.
These fixes can be gotten from Novell's TCP server, ftp.novell.com

Regards,
Frank Ramke  ramke AT vnet.ibm DOT com

We are attemping to load the NETWARE 1.2  level 04 client and are
getting the following error at startup.

TcpOpen: Error creating TCP/IP Socket.
sessOpen: Failure in communications open call.  RC: -50
ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

We have followed the instructions with PTF IP20221 during install.
What are we doing wrong?

Ron Greve
South Dakota State University