ADSM-L

Inventory client file Expiration

1994-12-15 13:51:13
Subject: Inventory client file Expiration
From: "Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)" <HDIP9235 AT BCITVM.BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 10:51:13 PST
FROM:  Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)
       (604) 432-8452

Our VM Adsm server performs Inventory client file expiration processing
roughly every 75 to 100 minutes. During the time it is running it uses 35-45%
of our CPU resources. It is impacting our on-line response during the day. Is
there any way to control the time at which this beast does this processing?
Are other people encountering the same situation? We are currently running
ADSM server V1 R1 Level 0.11/1.11 on a VM/ESA R2.1 SL 9403 system.

If I have missed setting up a parameter on the server, it would be most
appreciated if somebody could point that out. I'll make sure and put you on my
Christmas card list.

Have a super day, Peter.

BC Institute of Technology
Computer Resources