ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and 3490E D42 Tape Drive

1994-12-09 14:47:06
Subject: Re: ADSM and 3490E D42 Tape Drive
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 14:47:06 EST
On Fri, 9 Dec 1994 08:51:28 EST Nick Laflamme said:
>On Thu, 8 Dec 1994 18:00:14 EST Paul Zarnowski said:
>>Aside from being more "network-friendly", having the client do the data
>>compression will cost you less in ADSM storage license fees.
>
>For those of us who worry more about technical issues than licensing
>issues, can someone review the concept of "ADSM storage license fees"?  I
>remember that the ADSM license feature codes indicate how many clients are
>using a server, but I don't remember anything about how much host storage
>we're using for those clients?
>
>Signed,
>Suddenly Worried in South Bend

From the ADSM/6000 announcement letter, 293-687.  I don't know what the
fees are for the VM version.

                  Prices:
                                                      BASIC       BASIC
                                                      OTC         MLC
           Base Feature for up to 25 GB of
             Managed Data on ADSM/6000 Server       $ 3,750        $117
           ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager/6000
->         10 GB Capacity Expansion to Base
             Server Feature                           1,125          35
             Server Feature                           1,125          35
->         50 GB Capacity Expansion to Base
             Server Feature                           5,400         169
             Server Feature                           5,400         169
->         250 GB Capacity Expansion to Base
             Server Feature                          16,200         506
             Server Feature                          16,200         506
           1 Back-up/archive user                        95           3
           10 Back-up/archive users                     950          30
           100 Back-up/archive users                  9,500         300
           GB = Gigabytes
           OTC = One-Time Charge
           MLC = Monthly License Charge

..Paul