ADSM-L

Problem with windows IP20259???

1994-12-08 11:26:48
Subject: Problem with windows IP20259???
From: "Amy Lim Weaver (408) 256-0284 t/l 276-0284" <alim AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 08:26:48 PST
>> The 'winsock.dll' that is being used by the clients who fail
>> on closing the backup client is 'PathWay from Wollongong'.

Do you know the version of PathWay that you were using?
Version(s) earlier than 2.0 may cause hangs in Windows, and
the latest version should be obtained.

>> the 'winsock.dll' that is used on the 'new install' client is
>> the 'Novell Netware TCP/IP'.

Again, there are lots of problems with Novell TCP/IP.  The last patches
I applied were LWP207 and LWP208.  I don't know if there are newer
patches.  Please check CompuServe and apply patches as appropriate.

>>My 'Winsock.dll' is Trumpet Winsock.
I am glad that one flavor of TCP/IP is working.

Amy Weaver   ADSM Client Development