ADSM-L

New DASD

1994-12-08 11:18:14
Subject: New DASD
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 11:18:14 EST
In the next month, we will be getting some new DASD, 9345-B22's.  Currently,
our ADSM server is running on 3380-E on VM/ESA 1.2.1.  I wonder if there
are any "gotchas" I should worry about.  For example, can I add a new 9345
volume to my storage pool, which is now only 3380-E's?  Or do the storage
volumes within a pool have to be of the same device type?  Can I move the
database, catalog volumes to the 9345's, while keeping the storage pool
volumes on 3380's?  I don't have much time to research these issues, so
any help would be appreciated.

Martha