ADSM-L

NetWare client prompting for userid/password

1994-12-06 18:07:34
Subject: NetWare client prompting for userid/password
From: Jim Smith <spikes AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 15:07:34 PST
Hello,

There have been several 'complaints' about the NetWare client sporadically
prompting for a NetWare userid and password, even though a perfectly valid
.PWD (file containing encrypted userid and password) is available.

I have finally been able to get it to fail here and get some initial
diagnostics.  APAR IC08812 has been open to address this problem.

We are still actively pursuing the 'inflation' problem in the recovery
log.

Jim Smith / ADSM Technical Support / San Jose