ADSM-L

Too many files open

1994-10-24 15:11:35
Subject: Too many files open
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 15:11:35 EDT
I've got scheduled backup set up for my SUN OS client.  The backup
currently runs once a week on the weekend.  When I came in this
morning my console was flooded with messages that adsm could not
open the file dsmsched.log because too many files were open.  I
checked dsmsched.log and over the weekend my client had trouble
connecting with the adsm server to update its schedule.  Since
we are only testing at this point, not surprisingly, the machine
running the adsm server was down for a while over the weekend.
It appears that every time my adsm client was not able to
contact the adsm server, the client tried to open a new file
handle to dsmsched.log and eventually ran out of file handles.
This does not seem to me to be proper behaviour.  Has anyone else
run into this behavior.

Thanks.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607