ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-10-21 19:44:52
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 19:44:52 EDT
Hello,

>I am afraid that I do have an answer for you as we have only been trying
>the tcp/ip interface.
>
>But for the current and future readers of this forum can you post the
>solutions.

In the comm manager NDF file you need a DEFINE_LOGICAL_LINK with
ACTIVATE_AT_STARTUP(YES), a DEFINE_LOCAL_LU, a DEFINE_PARTNER_LU,
a DEFINE_PARTNER_LU_LOCATION, and a DEFINE_DEFAULTS with
DEFAULT_LOCAL_LU_ALIAS(alias).  All but the last verb can be done thru
the GUI Comm Manager setup.  The DEFINE_PARTNER_LU_LACATION verb was the
magic bullet that allows us not to issue AVS CNOS commands on VM for eac
LU.

We did, however, find another problem.  Apparently Comm. Manager will ask
UPM (User Profile Management) for a network userid to use when allocating
the conversation with AVS.  AVS rejects the conversation and ADSM says
there has been a CPIC security error.  We can circumvent by doing an AVS
ADD USERID <luname> but, again, we want to avoid keeping a list of LUs.
If anyone knows how to set up Comm. Manager/UPM not to pass a userid, we
greatly appreciate it.

>Hello again,
>  I've resolved question (1) and (2) below so that we do not need
>  to issue AVS CNOS commands for OS/2 APPC clients.  Took us about
>  three days and some help from IBM to do this.
>
>  I'm still looking for a good answer to #3 and would appreciate any
>  help.
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>We are running ADSM with a VM Server and have some questions.
>>

>>1) Is there anyway not to have to issue an AVS CNOS command for each
>>   and every LU that wants to talk to ADSM/VM via APPC?
>>
>>2) Is there anyway to avoid issuing the AVS CNOS command again after
>>   the workstation is powered on/off?
>>
>>3) When starting the OS/2 client scheduler, is there an easy way to
>>   have it wait for Comm. Manager to establish SNA services before
>>   attempting to talk to the server?  We can put together a little
>>   REXX to do this, but if there is something built into Comm. Manager
>>   or ADSM I'd rather use that.

Vince Allio
Bank of America (510) 675-5614
IBMMAIL(USBOACVB) or USBOACVB AT IBMMAIL DOT COM