ADSM-L

Failure of restore with DOS Client, ANS1772E

1994-10-20 17:07:58
Subject: Failure of restore with DOS Client, ANS1772E
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 17:07:58 EDT
We are testing the ADSM DOS client.  The system we are testing
with is an IBM PS/2 Model 80 with 8M of memory.

Our test case is the backup and restore of one hard disk, which
occupies 40M on the ADSM server and contains 4,141 files.

The backup appears to have succeeded, but the restore fails with
"ANS1772E No memory available while trying to get server file
information", which is followed by "ANS1730E restore file selection
failed, return code = 1001".

A "mem" command indicates that we have 7,685K total free memory
(when not running a restore), including 573K under the 1MB line.

Given that this is a relatively large DOS system and a relatively
small disk, such a failure is disheartening.  Are there any options
we should be trying to get around this problem?

Melinda Varian
Princeton University