ADSM-L

Restore of afs files

1994-10-20 16:04:47
Subject: Restore of afs files
From: Baerbel Himpfen <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 14:04:47 -0600
We tried to restore a file /afs/uni-bonn.de/home/userid/xyz (defined
virtualmountpoint is /afs/uni-bonn.de/home/userid) to its original location
with the DSMC.AFS command.
ADSM restores not only the specified file, but all subdirectories to
/afs/uni-bonn.de/home/userid and also restores the old acls, which can be
changed since backup and should remain changed. We think, this is not okay.
Any suggestions??
Regards,
Baerbel Himpfen
/* Baerbel Himpfen                                                  */
/* Regionales Hochschulrechenzentrum    E-Mail: HIMPFEN AT Uni-Bonn DOT De */
/* der Universit{t Bonn                 Phone : +49 228 73-3127     */
/* Wegelerstr. 6                        Fax   : +49 228 73-2743     */
/* 53115 Bonn, Germany                                              */