ADSM-L

Fastwide SCSI gender changer

1994-10-18 09:54:04
Subject: Fastwide SCSI gender changer
From: Mukesh Patel <mukesh_patel AT MAILLINK.CMIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 09:54:04 EDT
   We just received new RS/6000 58H to run ADSM with 36GB fast wide
SCSI(Seagate). I have three fast wide SCSI card from IBM and they are 68
pin(Centronics) female end. The SCSI cable I received with Seagate drives are
industry standard 68 pin cables. The problem is I can't find gender changer from
anywhere. I have called atleast 10 places but no luck. IBM got me one which
costs $368/ea. They don't have anymore in stock and waiting time is about 3
weeks plus.

   Has anyone been through this kind of situation before?? If someone knows
about a place I can get this kind  of connector or cable? Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mukesh
1/513-872-6591