ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-10-13 04:42:17
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 04:42:17 EDT
Barry,

>      Are you using tiled memory?  If not, any data area
>pointed to within a structure that you're passing could be
>in an unaddressable area of memory for 16-bit applications.
>This is true even if the structure itself has the _Seg16
>attribute.  I'd suggest using the tiled flag for the entire
>application.

I'm using the following compiler options:

/Su2  - Enum vars are 2 bytes long
/Sp1  - Pack structures
/Gt   - Use tiled memory
/Gv   - Generate load DS and ES (I thought I might have to do this,
        because the original include files specified a _LOADDS directive
        on the function prototypes).
/Q    - No logo
/Ti   - Debug information

I use the following LINK386 options:

/Debug /Pmtype:vio /align:16 /stack:65536

And I have defined a 16-bit stack of 16KB with the following statement:

#pragma stack16(16384)

I'm using a DSM.OPT file with the following statements:

COMMMETHOD SNALu6.2
SYMBOLICDESTINATION ADSM

COMPRESSION ON
NUMBERFORMAT 5
NODE-NAME HKK-TEST
DOMAIN C: D: E:

and some INCLUDE/EXCLUDE statements. It is the same options file I use
for the 'real' ADSM without problems.

So as you can see, I am using tiled memory. I think that the error might
have something to do with whether or not the ADSMOS2 DLL is in memory
or not when I run the program, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for your reply.

Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark