ADSM-L

Mac schedule client hang while VM server quiesced

1994-10-05 18:04:53
Subject: Mac schedule client hang while VM server quiesced
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <WTS AT CAPSLAN.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 17:04:53 EST
I tried to be a good scout yesterday and did a DUMP DB on my VM ADSM
server (0.8/1.8).  During that time the Director of my department
returned from a meeting with the Maine Governor and turned on his
Mac.

His Mac froze as solid as could be with the ADSM scheduler (IP20154,
not yet IP20193) on the screen with the word SCHEDULE highlighted.
He powered off and tried again.  Same thing.  He came and (nicely)
got me.  We watched as it sat there ignoring anything we tried
except flipping the On/Off switch on its power-strip.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE