ADSM-L

Re: Reply to Re: Is it a bug?

1994-09-16 14:08:07
Subject: Re: Reply to Re: Is it a bug?
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 14:08:07 EDT
Mike,

You have some good points.  Luckily, so far the users who have done this
are in my department.  Therefore, it is fairly easy to manage.  However,
as ADSM gets distributed throughout the campus, it will become a
nightmare.  We simply don't have the resources to keep all these old
filespaces around for years and years.  It would also add a lot of
"junk" to the database, which would slow down expirations, migrations
and other database intensive operations.  There must be an easier way
to handle this.

How about an expiration option for filespaces?  You can say something like,
if a filespace hasn't been backed up to or restored from in a year, then
delete it.  It would be similar to the RETONLY option in the Copygroup
and could be defined at that level.

What do you think?

Martha