ADSM-L

How to interrupt ADSM scheduled backup

1994-09-06 17:58:35
Subject: How to interrupt ADSM scheduled backup
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 14:58:35 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

Just as a quick clarification, if the scheduled backup was an incremental
backup, then chances are it won't need to backup the files it did before,
as long as they didn't change (or the copy group is NOT set to absolute).
But, as Amy said, if its a selective backup, then it will re-backup
any files that match the file specification...

>Currently, there is no way for the scheduler to pickup where it left off from
>the previous backup.  It would be a nice feature.
>
>At the time when the scheduler is interrupted, it will give a status of the
>number of files backed up (if any), and these files are not lost.

>>and not pickup from where it was interrupted. I am wondering if anybody
>>knows if there is a way to interrupt a backup session that has been started
>>by ADSM Scheduler and not loose all the files already backedup?  Also is

Brett