ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-09-06 08:37:10
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 08:37:10 EDT
I've recently switched my transmission protocol from 3270 to APPC (LU6.2).

I works beautifully and is much more stable than the 3270 connection. There
is of course a small problem though (actually it's so small it's not even
a problem). Whenever I establish a connection from my client (version 1.2
under OS/2) to our server (on MVS), I get these messages in the DSMERROR.LOG
file:

  InitSPorVolCNR: ReadServerResp failed. RC = 8
  InitSPorVolCNR: Chose to ignore error logged right before this message.

Since we are telling our operations people to check the log files from the
backups and make sure that they run OK, I would like to eliminate these
messages. Has anybody done this, and if so, then how did you do it.

In any case, I would like to hear from IBM what these messages actually
_mean_. I can't find any documentation on them anywhere.

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark