ADSM-L

ADSM/6000

1994-09-05 08:20:45
Subject: ADSM/6000
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT ANSF.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 12:20:45 GMT
Hello everybody,

We currently run ADSM under VM/ESA 121 and are thinking of ADSM/6000 to improve
backup performances.
Our setup consists of almost 30 clients (NFS and Oracle Servers) backuping their
 files everynight ; these files being migrated every morning to STK silos
 connected to VMs and MVSs systems.
Our ADSM DB is growing and approaches now 2 GB !!
I have mainly two questions concerning a possible migration to ADSM/6000 :

-On the DB side : Does ADSM/6000 support more than 2GB Database or shall we wait
 for AIX 4 for greater file-systems (does Adsm/6000 DB use the regular AIX FS ?)
 for AIX 4 for greater file-systems (does Adsm/6000 DB use the regular AIX FS ?)

-On the Cartridge side : We have STK drives (36 Tracks, IDRC) and we are
 thinking of installing a box converting SCSI to FIPS protocols to use the
 thinking of installing a box converting SCSI to FIPS protocols to use the
 existing hardware. DO we have to use a special driver for Adsm/6000 ? and how
 do you interface the cartridge mounts needed by ADSM/6000 to a locally written
 procedure for tape access (in other words is there the same kind of
 customization as we have in VM with the Exit machines ?).

Thanks for any help and experience sharing,

michel