ADSM-L

EXPORT not using scratch tapes

1994-09-05 06:53:54
Subject: EXPORT not using scratch tapes
From: Pieter Groen <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 11:53:54 MET
I am running the ADSM server on VM. I am using an exit machine to handle
tape mounts. In the device class CARTRIDGE there are only scratch tapes.
I have no problem with tape activities involving migration, restore,
retrieve or MOVE DATA. When the server needs a new tape it asks for a
volume with the name SCRATCH and for a tape already in use it asks for
the correct volume serial number. In both cases the parameter 'format'
is 3480.
But when I issue the command
   EXPORT NODE somenode FILEDATA=ALL DEVCLASS=CARTRIDGE
it asks for a volume with the name EXPORT.1 and the parameter 'format'
is DRIVE.
What do I do wrong?