ADSM-L

Re: How do fixes get into shipped ADSM code?

1994-08-25 15:35:54
Subject: Re: How do fixes get into shipped ADSM code?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <WTS AT CAPSLAN.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 14:35:54 EST
Yesterday I said, in part ...
> APARs IC06714 (and cousins 7182, 7188 & 7189 & others) were closed in
> April, but still haven't appeared in the latest client PTFs.

This is not true.   IC06714 appeared in IP20153 on May 23.  IP20153 is
the latest available ADSM client for AIX (until today ... IP20177 was
just posted to the ADSM anonymous FTP site).  II07777 nicely shows the
service available for any client/server.

I was led astray by the APAR lines that read "Type of Relief .. Not
Available" and "Status Detail: Not Available".  These lines probably
mean something to someone, but not anything to me (and not what I
yesterday thought)!

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE