ADSM-L

Running the ADSM Mac Client from an Apple-Share Server

1994-08-16 16:53:39
Subject: Running the ADSM Mac Client from an Apple-Share Server
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 13:53:39 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

Melinda,

>Is it possible to run the ADSM Mac client with the programs on an
>Apple-Share server and the preferences file on the user's own disk?
>I can find nothing in the manual about this.  Is anybody doing it
>successfully?

Yes, you can run the ADSM Mac client from a locked, Appleshare volume.
The user can place the preferences file either in his Preferences folder
(where ADSM will find it automatically) or elsewhere on his volume
(it can be double-clicked or dragged onto the ADSM icon).

There are 2 options you should set in each prefs file, ERRORLOGNAME
and SCHEDLOGNAME.  Since chances are the AppleShare volume will be locked,
ADSM wil not be able to write the error log and schedule logs to the
ADSM folder.  Use ERRORLOGNAME and SCHEDLOGNAME to specify a new
location, on the users volume, for these files.

Hope this help...

Brett Walker
ADSM Development