ADSM-L

ADSM Disaster Recovery Redbook

1994-07-21 18:36:05
Subject: ADSM Disaster Recovery Redbook
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 15:36:05 MST
We receive many questions concerning disaster recovery procedures with
ADSM.  I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the redbook on this
topic that was published in May.  It is called 'ADSM Advanced Implementation
Experiences', GG24-4221-0.  It describes many operational considerations
of managing ADSM, including details on communications protocols (especially
LU6.2), managing multiple ADSM servers, and ADSM disaster recovery operations.

The disaster recovery chapters describe ADSM features including the brand
new DB salvage and mirroring enhancements recently released through service.
The book also describes options currently available to protect
against all single points of data failure.  This information should
be useful for anyone responsible for implementing ADSM.

Greg Tevis
ADSM Technical Support
gtevis AT vnet.ibm DOT com