ADSM-L

Re: Exit Machine 'OFFLINE'

1994-07-06 12:41:00
Subject: Re: Exit Machine 'OFFLINE'
From: Jay Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 12:41:00 EDT
Hi Gary,

It looks to me like DSMSERV tried to autolog the exit machine (DSMMT1)
before DSMMT1 had logged off from the previous tape mount.  I don't
know why it would have waited to log off though, the answer may be
in the console log of the DSMMT1 exit machine.  It has happened to
me more than once though, and we have 2 exit machines defined.

DSMMT1 must be logged off, not disconnected to be autolog'd and like the
message in your log said DSMSERV tried 3 times and then put DSMMT1 in
an offline state because it thought something was broken.

Good luck finding out why it didn't log off.

        |     J. F. Holdren
        |     Sys. Programmer, Center for Academic Computing, Penn State
        |     [email protected]
    \__/      jfh5 AT psuvm.psu DOT edu